cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G data abroad

newtown11
Newcomer
I am still within europe on holiday but my mobile data is not working and i have no service even though people i am with that are with other companies, mobile data works and they get service.How can i get my mobile data to work?
3 REPLIES 3

newtown11
Newcomer

First off you must be on a Guido membership otherwise nothing is going to work while roaming in the EU:

Roaming & Troubleshooting Guide

If you are on a Guido membership then read on...

I'm assuming from your post that you have no signal at all and nothing - calls, texts, data - is working at all?

You seem to be using an iPhone in which case this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things may be relevant here as it's a very common problem for iPhone users roaming abroad on some networks (not just 48).

iPhone abroad issue

You may need to be patient/persistent to get that working.

Switching airplane mode on and then off and then quickly trying to make the configuration changes may help to catch the local network enough to allow the changes to be made.

But you may need to try this several times before it works.

If/when it does you should be able to search for and connect to a local network.

At this stage hopefully calls and texts will work.

Ideally data will too but if it doesn't then check your APN configuration settings.

If the APN field is has changed to something other than 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it to change it back to that value.

Then switch airplane mode on and then off again and see if your mobile data is now working.

If you still have problems after all of this please post back with more info.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @newtown11?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.