MichaelF9483
Newcomer
Has anyone got 5G on 48 yet?
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you having problems getting it?

I presume that you've seen the FAQ already?

What networks do you see when you do a manual search for networks?

Not being smart, but is your phone 5G capable?

Mine isn't so I can't check if it works here.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I see 48 LTE and 48 3G when I manual search for a network
Yes I have a 5G phone. I have it set to recommended use 5G.
I'll give it some more time and see. The rollout might not happen all at once.

> I see 48 LTE and 48 3G when I manual search for a network

I'm assuming that a third option, "48 a5G", should appear where it's available and the phone is 5G capable?

But I don't know for sure and, as I said, unfortunately I don't have access to a 5G capable phone to test.

Maybe pop 48 support a question about this?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

NikolaosA8866
Newcomer

Me neither, I am still waiting.

You should probably contact 48 support to ask them about this so.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

CharlesAS9838
Newcomer

I got 5G this morning on my iPhone 12.  It is not automatic.  Go to Mobile Data>Mobile Data Options >Voice & Data.  You will see a list of available services which should include 5G Auto and 5G On.  I picked 5G Auto which I think means I will get 5G automatically whenever I have coverage.  As soon as I did, the home screen showed 5G instead of LTE.

Good Luck!