cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN not working Nexus 4 Android 6.0

niall8100
Visitor

I recently updated my Nexus 4 phone to Android 6.0 myself and have tried to set up my mobile internet again. However no matter what configuration of the settings I try(eg. APN Type: default,mms,supl or just*) nothing seems to work. Below are my APN settings, anybody have any suggestions?

Screenshot_20160206-221325.png

Screenshot_20160206-221332.png

Screenshot_20160206-221339.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Do you definitely have data AND data roaming enabled?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

niall8100
Visitor
I have also tried http://mmc1/servlets/mms for the MMSC and that has made no difference either.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Can't see anything wrong there.
Have you switched off and on again after changing the settings?
Have you tried manually searching for networks and reconnecting to 48?
The only other thing that I can suggest is contacting 48 support in case they can help:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

If they do maybe post back here with the info in case it helps others in the same situation.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Just to note that the MMS settings won't affect the functionality of internet - just MMS send/receive.
So changing MMSC won't help internet access one way or another.
Can you change MVNO type?
What options are there?
I doubt that it will make any difference but you could try changing that...

niall8100
Visitor
I'll have a go at those suggestions and see what happens, thanks

Maybe also try setting up an internet only APN (i.e. ignore MMS settings for now) and see if that works.

On my phone this works:

Name: Test

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

APN type: default

All other settings left unset.

If that doesn't work for internet access then I'm stumped.

If it does then you can always add MMS settings thereafter and test those.

Hope this helps.

cheers, will have a go when I get the chance

Doesn't seem to make any difference, will try contacting support or something. Thanks for the help though.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Do you definitely have data AND data roaming enabled?

I'm an absolute idiot...Mobile data was off in my settings after updating from a custom rom. Works now, thanks a lot!