Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

APN settings won't save for roaming

Hot Rod
‎13-07-2018 07:46 AM
I'm abroad in Greece at the moment and I cannot access data roaming.
I am on the Guido membership and should have data. I know that in my APN setting it should have the 48 setting and not the Greek network carrier setting that come up by default.
For some reason when entering the APN setting for 48months.liffeytelecom.com the setting just disappear when I hit save.
The settings save fine until I change the MCC from Greek 206 to Irish 272 and from the default 01 to 11.
Through fiddling around with these settings my phone seems to know I'm in Greece and will only show and save relavant APNs to the country I'm in.
Does anyone know any way around this issue ? I bought extra data for the trip to make life easier and I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix it for the last week.
I am using a oneplus 3 on the oxygenOS version 5.0.3

Any help you can offer is appreciated
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
1 Like

Re: APN settings won't save for roaming

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎13-07-2018 08:03 AM

You'll have to contact 48 support for advice.
See the link in my signature below.
Unfortunately some people roaming in the EU on a Guido membership never get data working even though it should just work.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎13-07-2018 08:08 AM
Hi dayler
From reading other questions in the community I thought you might show up in this thread. I'm sorry you couldn't help more but I appreciate the link. I've sent them a message also on the matter but am waiting for a response.
If I find a solution I'll post it here.

I am however, still open to any ideas anyone can suggest
Posted from OnePlus A3003
0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-07-2018 08:22 AM
All I can suggest is that you delete your existing APN(s) and configure your settings from scratch using these instructions and see if that makes any difference.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎13-07-2018 08:52 AM
Unfortunately I have already tried this a few times and it doesn't work for me.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-07-2018 12:27 PM
Your original post is a bit unclear.

"For some reason when entering the APN setting for 48months.liffeytelecom.com the setting just disappear when I hit save.
The settings save fine until I change the MCC from Greek 206 to Irish 272 and from the default 01 to 11."

Have you tried changing ONLY the APN field to 48months.liffeytelecom.com and saving the change without changing the MNC/MCC fields at all?

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎13-07-2018 12:42 PM
Yes I have tried this and the setting always save as long as I leave the MNC and MCC at their default settings. As soon as I change these the settings disappear when I hit save
0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-07-2018 01:09 PM
You shouldn't have to change the MNC/MCC fields.
Others have changed just the APN field and got it working after a reboot.
Unfortunately some have never got it working even though it should just work.
Did 48 support get back to you?

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-07-2018 01:14 PM
BTW contacting support via the chat facility rather than by email or support ticket will usually result in a quicker response.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-07-2018 08:11 PM
Any update @harveyc?

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community