cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad

eadaoinmairead
Newcomer
I'm in Vienna and I have switched my phone over yesterday using the advice on your website. It worked and I now have signal but I cannot make calls send texts or use my internet.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You must be on a Guido membership for EU roaming to work.

I presume that you are?

You seem to be using an iPhone in which case this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things could be relevant

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

You need to be persistent with that and might need to try it many times.

Switching airplane mode on and then off and then trying it may help to catch the local network and allow the change to be made.

Bear in mind that lots of people are having problems getting data to work while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership even though it should just work.

If you have that problem then you'll need to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @eadaoinmairead?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

eadaoinmairead
Newcomer
I'm onthe guido I'm on the 20 Euro pla. I have switched it over using the information in this website and I now have signal. Just nothing is work for me. Thank you

Your post doesn't make sense.

You say that you're on the Guido membership but then that you're on the €20 plan which is Don.

Which are you on?

EU roaming will definitely not work if you're not on Guido.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @eadaoinmairead?