Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bad coverage Dublin City

Average Joe
‎10-08-2018 01:57 PM
The last two weeks my coverage in Dublin has been terrible. Usually I got H+ everywhere without dropping, but for the last fortnight I'm only getting E.

If I disconnect from Mobile Data, it will sometimes jump back to H+ but sometimes not. Compared to the other people I know with other networks are all getting 3G / 4G consistently whereas I'm getting very little.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Been considering switching to another network as 48 signal has been really subpar for the last few months for me.
Posted from OnePlus A3003
1 Like

Re: Bad coverage Dublin City

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎10-08-2018 02:17 PM

Haven't notched any problems like that myself in Dublin - city centre and suburbs.
I'm getting H/H+ most of the time.
Did anything change on your phone before the problems started?
Are your internet settings still correct?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Try the usual tip of switching off, taking the SIM out, gently cleaning it, reinserting it, switching on, manually scanning for networks and reconnecting to 48 to see if that makes any difference.
If not then you could try a replacement SIM.
Failing that contact 48 support and see if they can advise.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎10-08-2018 04:43 PM
Did that help at all @oscarm2603?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎11-08-2018 02:27 PM
Took out the SIM card, and cleaned it, still the same. Will either order a replacement SIM or go somewhere else

Thanks for the advice though.
Posted from OnePlus A3003
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎17-08-2018 11:01 AM
I've exactly the same issue. My office is in Dublin 2 (George's st) and since 2 weeks ago, phone keeps dropping to Edge. Our office admin team were told by Three that 2 weeks ago Three made changes to our nearest mast for 4G reasons (I know 48 is not 4G). I've raised this several times on chat with 48 support and they've told me to do things like change APN settings and get a new SIM -i did all that and nothing's changed. 48 support said they didn't know if anyone else with the issue but they've debt it to their tech team. Could you let them know on chat or whatever that you're having same problem. Thanks!
Posted from Lenovo Moto G (5S)
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎21-08-2018 09:48 AM

Bump...

Anyone else having this issue (getting only Edge (E) data) around Georges St/Dublin Castle in Dublin 2?

I'm waiting to hear back from 48's technical team.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎21-08-2018 10:04 AM

I'm getting H/H+ in the Capel Street area just across the river.

If you want a quick response from 48 support then you should use the chat facility.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎21-08-2018 02:43 PM
Thanks Dalyer. Well, we're up a good bit from the river, so slightly different area for coverage I guess. Three let my office know they made changes to our nearest mast (at exactly the same time I started hitting issues with phone dropping to E, and the same time the other poster said they noticed issues, although I don't know where they referred to in Dublin city).
Yes - I'd been onto 48 support through chat several times over the last few weeks and they'd asked me to do things like change APN details and order a new SIM (I did all that but made no difference). Other people in the office are experiencing other (varied issues) on the Three network itself.
I'm surprised to be hitting such problems in the middle of a city and it's making me think of leaving 48.
Anyway, I've heard back from support and they'll get back to me in up to 10 working days.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hot Rod
‎20-09-2018 10:46 AM

To let everyone know, I heard nothing further from 48 and there's been no change in service - still "E" in some parts of Dublin City Centre.

Useless.

I've contacted them again.

I'll update thread if there's any change.

0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎24-09-2018 05:38 PM
Same issues, work close to O'Connell Street and data has been atrocious over the past couple of months! Constantly on E and regularly can't even load a Web page on chrome!
Posted from Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09
1 Like

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community