Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Bad coverage Dublin City

The Legend
‎24-09-2018 05:53 PM

@doolin87 wrote:
Same issues, work close to O'Connell Street and data has been atrocious over the past couple of months! Constantly on E and regularly can't even load a Web page on chrome!

Have you contacted 48 support about this?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

Hot Rod
‎24-09-2018 06:41 PM
Yes and just got the same suggestions as above. Turn on and off, clean sim, order new sim, etc. If it was a problem with my sim, then surely I wouldn't be able to get 3g in other areas?
Posted from Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09
1 Like

Hot Rod
‎25-09-2018 09:51 AM

Hi Doolin87.  So it's not just me.  If you could keep pushing it with 48, I'd appreciate it.  I don't think many people look at this forum, so I suspect there are plenty of others having the same experience but haven't seen this (or have just switched network).  I jumped through all the SIM hoops (knowing it wouldn't make any difference but just so I could finally get in touch with the technical team who (might) help.  However, they told me on 21st August I'd hear from them in 10 working days and I haven't heard anything.  On contacting me again, they claim not to be able to trace my tickets even though I've given them the ticket number they originally gave me.  My feeling is that there are infrastructure issues they can't solve but they're not admitting that.

Anyway, to anyone else reading this, be aware that 48 seems to only give Edge (E) coverage in several parts of Dublin city, which is pretty bad.

I'll post this on Boards.ie at some stage soon too, to warn a wider audience of people about 48's terrible data coverage and customer service.

I'd prefer 48 to address the problem, as I was happy with my plan until recently.  If not, I'm going to look at moving network.

Thanks.

2 Likes

The Legend
‎25-09-2018 06:21 PM
Forgot to check earlier web I was around O'Connell Street but, for what it's worth, this is what I'm getting right now in D7 (town end):

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4280160522

I'll try to test tomorrow when I'm closer to the city centre.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎27-09-2018 03:46 PM
Bolton Street today...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4285826771

0 Likes

The Legend
‎27-09-2018 03:48 PM
Might be useful if others also ran SpeedTest from time to time while out and about and posted their results here just to get a better sample?

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎05-10-2018 01:09 PM
I've had this problem for the last few months. It's bad enough not having 4g, but Edge only in parts of Dublin is a joke. Fairview is Edge only for me, as are parts of Balgriffin. The two areas I need it the most.
I've ordered a new SIM from Tesco and am switching.
Posted from Huawei PRA-LX1
2 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎09-10-2018 03:27 PM

I did a few more tests today around town and seems to me that the data connectivity and speed is indeed pretty crap most of the time.
A good few times SpeedTest couldn't even establish or maintain a data connection long enough to complete the download/upload test.
Around Abbey Street/O'Connell Street the tests that did complete were generally poor.
Under 5Mbps download even though it said that I was on H+.
One or two tests were a bit better, nearer to 10Mbps.
The best I got was near Bolton Street - 17Mbps.
Overall pretty poor though and useless when it can't even connect or stay connected long enough to complete operations.
I'll log a ticket with support to see what they say but it doesn't look great based on this thread an my own tests so far... :-(

Hope this helps.

2 Likes
Highlighted

Hot Rod
‎09-10-2018 05:22 PM
Just did a test close to Bus Eireann Station, 2.4mbps on H+

@dalyer, thanks for logging the ticket, let us know what you hear back 👍
1 Like

Hot Rod
‎09-10-2018 05:25 PM
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community