Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Bad coverage Dublin City

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎09-10-2018 05:27 PM

Thanks @doolin87.

That's Busáras I presume?

That's pretty poor too and the ping time is awful.

I've logged an issue with support to ask about this and will post back when I get a response.

Unfortunately it seems to me that data connectivity, reliability and speeds are pretty poor generally on 48 as others have been complaining about for a long time now.

I may not have noticed it so much until I started specific testing because I was often on wifi or simply not using data on the go that much.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

Hot Rod
‎09-10-2018 05:39 PM
@dalyer, sorry yes I meant Busáras! Thanks
Posted from Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎12-10-2018 12:15 PM

Thanks to you both for confirming it's not just me.

I've only been looking at coverage in the area where I work (around George's St) and I haven't run speed tests - I've just been to see that the data connection was "E" (so giving extremely slow speeds - e.g. a minute to load a webpage, etc.) rather than "H/H+".

So, as I said in earlier posts, I kept asking 48 support to look at it.  Following some initial responses to tickets, support stopped contact with me entirely - I haven't heard anything in weeks, despite asking them several times for an update.

However - GOOD NEWS! - I now get H coverage consistently in the Georges St area (just as I used to do prior to August).

So, my local issue seems to be solved.

To repeat, the timeline was:

- H coverage for years, until August (at pretty much exactly the same time that my office's admin team were notified by Three of improved 4G coverage in our area)

- E coverage from August until about 2 weeks ago (when I was continually hounding 48 support to look into and resolve the issue)

- H coverage again since about 2 weeks ago.

So, it looks to me that Three's 4G enhancements caused the George's St problem (to 48 network) in August and, at end September, someone in 48 or Three adjusted something to fix the problem maybe because I gave out about it so much (although I never heard anything back from anyone in support).

Maybe the other issues you're finding around Dublin city are because of recent 4G rollouts (especially if you found that 48's H coverage was better in previous months/years)...

To anyone reading this and experiencing similar problems, I suggest posting lots of details on the forum and in support calls with 48, and hounding 48's support team until (hopefully) there's an improvement.  Don't let them fob you off with "replacement SIM, etc.", although you might have to jump through those hoops before they'll take you a bit more seriously and refer the issue to their "technical team".

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎12-10-2018 03:03 PM
Swords Road, Whitehall today

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4330011893

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Hot Rod
Wednesday
Posted from Huawei Honor 9 STF-L09
0 Likes

The Legend
Wednesday
That's poor as well.
Unfortunately the response that I got from support was pretty useless too.
Try another phone/SIM etc even though I told them up front that I had already done this.
I'm afraid to say that as far as I can see data connectivity and speed is generally poor based on my experience and testing lately around Dublin city centre.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community