cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budapest

mcardle87
Newcomer
Hi, im in Budapest nd i have a xaomi mi 5 phone nd the ohone wont work. It says it's connecting to network but it hasnt. Ithink i need an access points name
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you on a Guido membership?
Roaming in the EU only works on Guido.
See here

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

If you are on a Guido membership then calls and texts should work straight off.
If you are not on a Guido membership then no services at all will work while roaming in the EU.

Are you saying that you cannot connect to a local network?
The APN configuration has nothing to do with this.
It only controls data services.

When roaming in the EU on Guido data should also work.
But many people find that it doesn't until they change the APN field of their internet configuration settings back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @mcardle87?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mcardle87
Newcomer
It did thank you. Now that i am home it won't let me bk on 48. I have tried manually putting in a new apn but it won't save

You mean that calls and texts were working fine abroad and changing the APN field of the internet settings to 48months.liffeytelecom.com got data working?

Do calls and texts work now that you are back in Ireland?

As I mentioned above the APN/internet settings have nothing to do with basic network connectivity and calls/texts - they only impact data connectivity.

If calls and texts are working but data is not then delete any APNs that are already configured and start from scratch with these instructions:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M...

Hope this helps.

mcardle87
Newcomer
No i don't have any reception on my phone now that i am home in Ireland

Do a manual search for networks.

Do you see and can you connect to 48?

Hope this helps.

Any update @mcardle87?