cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get 5G on Google Pixel 7 phone

MarkC6197
Newcomer

Paying €12.99 for the 5g plan . My pixel 7 was bought in Ireland ,it is 5G enabled, I have great 5G service in my area , my cousins xiaomi phone which he also bought in Ireland and is also on 48 is able to get 5G perfectly will sitting right next to me BUT on my Pixel 7 on 48 can not get 5G or even 4G but I can only receive LTE .. What's that all about ,any help ?? I yes my phone is set to receive 5G in settings . Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's a Google issue - they haven't whitelisted 48/Liffey Telecom as a valid 5G network.

You should contact Google and ask them why they won't whitelist 48/Liffey Telecom.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MartinK5145
Newcomer

Replying to follow future updates

If it's an issue that's affecting you then you should maybe also contact Google and ask them why they haven't whitelisted 48/Liffey Telecom as an allowed 5G network.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

RuthM8507
Newcomer
I have same issue. Bought a Pixel 6a through the refurbed site here 3 months ago. My phone also only allows the LTE setting even though when I go into the internet settings 5G is selected. I also can't get roaming when I go to the North of Ireland where we have family. It's very frustrating.

I've put the relevant APN settings in via Bot Chat when I moved to 48 at the end of the summer but I've always had issues. Can't seem to get the time to fix it properly

You're not going to get 5G connectivity/mobile data speeds on your Google Pixel phone until Google whitelist 48/Liffey Telecom as an allowed 5G network.

It's been explained above and in this thread: 

Contact Google and ask them why they block certain networks from 5G connectivity even when their phones are SIM free/unlocked for use on any network.

Regarding the roaming issue...

If your SIM predates January 2023 then a replacement may help: 

If you still have problems then check out these threads in case they help: 

If they don't then you'll just have to contact 48 support for further assistance.

See the links in my signature below.