cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working abroad.

cliona90
Newcomer
Hi, I'm on the Guido membership and know that my Internet should work whilst travelling within the EU, however on a recent trip to Italy it only worked for a few hours then completely stopped. Is there any setting that needs to be changed or anything for it to work ? I'm going abroad on Saturday and need my Internet to work . Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are calls and texts working ok?
If so then check your internet/MMS APN settings.
If the APN field value has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then change it back to that, switch airplane mode on and then off and then see if data starts working again.
If not then please post back.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @cliona90?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

cliona90
Newcomer
Hey . Yeah my texts were working, my calls I didn't check. I tried turning on and off my phone / switching on and off data / buying more data etc but It just wouldn't work. It was weird because it worked for the first few hours .

If it happens again then do what I said above - check the APN field of the APN/internet settings and if it is NOT 48months.liffeytelecom.com then change it back to that, switch airplane mode on and off and then try again.

Many people have had problems with data while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership and this tip has helped at least some of them.

Hope this helps.

cliona90
Newcomer
Perfect thanks. Il try it tomorrow or Sunday whilst I'm away.

cliona90
Newcomer
Hey. So I'm abroad at the moment and my data still isint working. Calls and texts working . Everything is set right and I've tried everything . Anything else I can try ? Thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Is your APN field 48months.liffeytelecom.com?
If it is and data is not working then you'll have to contact 48 support and see if they can advise.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @cliona90?