cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming not working

mikeh1
Newcomer
In France, on the Guido plan, phone auto connects to SFR's network, data roaming is turned on, but cannot access data on any app or via the browser. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling cheated as I bought the Guido plan plus additional data add on specifically to be able to access data within the EU.
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did your Guido membership start on or after 13th June?
From that date EU roaming will only work on Guido memberships started on/after 13th and not on any other memberships or Guido memberships started before that date.
If it was started on/after the 13th are calls & texts working?
A few other people have reported EU data roaming not working when it should so you may have to contact 48 support for assistance if it should be working here.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @mikeh1?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mikeh1
Newcomer
Hi, tks for the info. Call & texts work, the Guido term started on the 3rd of June but I bought a data add-on on the 20th June so according to the info on the 48 site I should be able to use that for data outside Ireland.

That doesn't tally with this:

EU Roaming Update

That says that only Guido memberships activated/started on or after the 13th of June will support EU roaming and then you have access to all membership or add-on allowances for calls, texts and data.

If your Guido membership was activated on the 3rd of June then I don't undestand how calls and texts are working because nothing should be working as far as I can see!

You should contact 48 support to cclarify this.

Hope this helps.

Apologies I was mistaken above - see here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Phones/No-service/m-p/45569#M1093

You need to contact 48 support about your lack of a data connection while EU roaming.

Hope this helps.

Hl I'm having the same problem in portugal, renewed my guido membership on the 13th June, phone and sms working great but no data since I arrived on the 8th july, roaming is turned on , phone is oneplus one , tried auto and manual network connection, it worked perfect at home, maybe when it renews tomorrow it might start working but not feeling over confident , feel cheated

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should contact 48 support so.
As I mentioned several others have had problems getting data working while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership and I haven't seen a foolproof fix for this on the forum so far so contacting 48 support is the final option.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @ciswoods?