cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU roaming data not working on Guido

cm96
Newcomer
Hi, I'm in Berlin, I just renewed my membership last night to Guido, data roaming is on on my phone (iPhone SE) but I can't get any 3G. Currently disappointed and on a café's wifi, any tips anyone??
C
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Most likely the usual iPhone roaming problem due to the stupid way that Apple do things.
See here and be persistent in trying to get this working.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

Toggling airplane mode on and then off and then trying that reconfiguration quickly may help to catch the local network quickly to get it to work.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Actually it's not clear from your original post if calls and texts are working ok. Are they?

If they are but data is not then the problem may be different from what I mentioned above.

Did data work ok in Ireland?

Are your internet/APN settings configured correctly?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @cm96?

I am having this same problem also in Berlin. Data was working fine back in Ireland. Have connection for calls and texts but just a data problem. 

saud
Newcomer
Hi I've been trying your method for the past 30 minutes and I now have no service. Before I tried to get my roaming working I was connected to 02 uk but I wasn't receiving 3G or any calls or texts.

I presume you mean this iPhone tip that is required due to the stupid way that Apple do things?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

You need to keep trying if that's the problem.

As I mentioned before switching airplane mode on and then off and then trying it quickly may help.

I presume that you do have a Guido memberships because otherwise EU roaming will not work at all.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @saud?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Check your internet settings.
If the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then change it back to that, switch airplane on and then off and then see if data starts working.
If it doesn't then you'll need to contact 48 support and see if they can help.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @oheatley?