cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going away? Using 48 when roaming

kelverz
Newcomer

To whom concerd,

I am currently abroad and have updated my Guidp membership but my data is not activating. Is there a setting I need to change on my phone in order to make it work whilst I´m abroad?

Thanking you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are calls and texts working?

What make and model of phone?

Was data working OK in Ireland?

Are your internet/APN settings correct?

Try deleting any APN(s) already configured and follow the instructions here to configure a new one for internet and MMS:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M1...

If it still doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support.

A few people have reported this problem - i.e. data which worked fine in Ireland not working while EU roaming on a Guido membership - and I don't understand why it happens.

The only solution that I've seen proposed is to delete any existing APN(s) and create a new one as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @kelverz?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mauruna
Newcomer
Going to Thailand for 2 weeks need phone to contact home what do I need todo ..?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
48 don't support roaming in Asia unfortunately.

Hope this helps.