cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERENT PROBLEMS!

stevepratt89
Newcomer
Recently I switched to 48 months and I have found that my WhatsApp messages in particular and other apps while out of Wi-Fi access take a long period to deliver and my phone coverage would still be good. I have followed your advise on tweaking my internet settings and still find no improvement. Please help.
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
When you are not connected to wifi (e.g. out of range of a wifi LAN or wifi switched off) does internet access work ok?
E.g. browsing the web etc.?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Somebody else reported this recently and the problem was simply that their internet settings were wrong so WhatsApp messages were only getting sent/received when they were back in range of a wifi LAN connection.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update @stevepratt89?

stevepratt89
Newcomer
I've followed the instructions here and used the 48 months internet tweaking installation and still no improvement on any of the apps. What's app messages still take forever to send and receive

stevepratt89
Newcomer
That other person the reported the same problem recently was my girlfriend. I've tried copying her settings for the APN and the 48 tweaking and still no joy

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You didn't clarify if regular internet access works ok while out and about and not connected to a wifi LAN.
I'd suggest that your start again, delete any apn settings that you have and use these instructions to configure your settings properly.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

If you do that and regular internet access works while out and about but WhatsApp is still slow to send/receive then you may need to contact WhatsApp as it doesn't sound like a 48 issue.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @stevepratt89?