cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet allowance

mcrowe
Visitor

Something is eating up my internet allowance! How come if I download a file of 200mb my internet usage is so much more?? Once got 3 files total 600mb and couple gigabytes gone!! Do I have a virus? Is someone piggybacking on my usage? Ta

13 REPLIES 13

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to monitor the phone's data usage and see what apps are using it most,

Some phones have a basic monitor built in but there are also plenty of (often free) apps that will do a more detailed job.

Once you know what apps are using data you can see what steps you need to take.

It's unlikely that anybody is stealing bandwidth on you unless you somehow have an unsecured open hotspot enabled all the time - if thats' even possible.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @mcrowe?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

How do I check thst

lainey1611
Newcomer

they seem to be robbin us 😕

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What exactly do you mean?
If your phone is using your data allowance quicker than you expect then you need to do what I suggested above.
48 are not short changing anybody on data if that's what you're implying.

Hope this helps.

nothing has changed on my phone but in last 2 months my data is Always used. always.

mcrowe
Visitor

How do I check on what apps are using up my internet so?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Most phones have a basic data monitor built in that gives some indication of what apps are using what amount of data.
But there are also many apps (including free ones) that give more detailed analysis.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @mcrowe and @lainey1611?