kateodowd123
Newcomer

Internet won’t work abroad

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What country are you in?

All paid for membership plans include a roaming data allowance for the EU/UK.

In other regions where roaming data is supported you need cash credit on your account to pay for it - and also an active membership plan:

If your SIM predates January 2023 then you may need a replacement to avoid roaming issues:

If you are having roaming problems then check these two threads that may help:

If that doesn't help then you'll have to contact 48 support.

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jaspal
Newcomer

Its okay 48 have a solution : piggyback off a randomers data! Partial thread below from a conversation with their helpdesk earlier when my daughter had issues with her Data in Italy last week, all of this after I explained we changed the APN's, Mobile Data all the other 101 settings etc :

You: My daughter had issues during the week for 4 days. How do I get a refund due to the fact that she could
not connect or use mobile data? She was on a school trip, away from home and none of her friends had any
issues with the Roaming as they were using different carriers. She was the only person in her group unable to
use her Phone fully for the duration of the trip.
15:23, Apr 19
Manish_48: Did your daughter tried to contact us when she was facing the issue/
15:27, Apr 19
Manish_48: As you are saying that her mates were getting the service, so she could have connected with us
using a hotspot so we would have checked with some trouble shootings and help her with getting the
services. we cannot provide type to refund without apply first level solution.
15:27, Apr 19
You: How could she do that....she couldn't she had no mobile data! ??! Your website doesn't have phone
number to contact only this forum. I spent a couple of hours wasting my time to read the forms and find
solutions for her by using text message...her teacher even tried locally in Italy but still couldn't get it to work.
Her friend tried locally and still had the same issue....

Manish_48: It was simple as I said earlier in the above text you said everyone others were having a
connection that was her mates where she could have connected with their hotspot and contacted us

You: She is a teenager and she would not have known to connect to your platform and try and work on a
troubleshoot exercise by looking a Sim Toolkits and APN's etc. It shouldn't be this hard to connect. All other
carriers have zero issues connecting with their respective providers while roaming...only 48 has this
convoluted issue

Manish_48: I can understand your concern, but without contacting us on real time and without applying any
first level solution we cannot provider any refund or either try to help with the services. We have other
customers as well when they manually update the apn they get the services automatically.

You: "We have other customers as well when they manually update the apn they get the services
automatically." You also have many that cannot...take a look at your own forums.

> Your website doesn't have phone number to contact only this forum.

That's not actually correct. 

See the links in my signature below.

> piggyback off a randomers data

To be fair they suggested that she might have connected to her friends'/classmates' hotspot in order to contact support at the time. 

Seems like a reasonable suggestion to me. 

But I agree that roaming should simply work without all this hassle and unfortunately it's still a mystery why it doesn't for so many people.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

>That's not actually correct. >See the links in my signature below.

Thanks, see it there now via your hyperlink. Phone number is buried in 'Code of Practice'? as opposed to 'Contact Us' where one would naturally look for a phone number!

> Seems like a reasonable suggestion to me. 

Is it? So for anyone else who is having this issue they must plan ahead to find a wifi/hotspot during their holiday etc and spend an inordinate amount of time troubleshooting a Data issue instead of enjoying their time off? Also we are talking about a child here who may not have the capabilities to understand SimTool Kits, APN's, Proxy's, Ports, MMSC,MVNO's etc.

>it's still a mystery why it doesn't for so many people.

A mystery being paid for by us...