cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet - galaxy s6 data settings

graham37
Newcomer

My phone galaxy s6 won't download the configuration for the data settings for some reason and when I enter the info directly it deletes it

**changed subject to match the topic - Sheena**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to follow these instructions to configure your settings manually:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

What exactly happens when you configure the settings and then try to save the APN?

If the phone always loses them then it's a phone issue and not a 48 issue.

Unfortunately Samsung Galaxy phones are sometimes problematic like this - losing or rejecting configuration settings for no obvious reason.

It's a widely experienced problem globally and Samsung have never fixed it for those affected.

You might need to contact Samsung or whoever sold you the phone to ask them how to configure and save your internet configuration settings.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to follow these instructions to configure your settings manually:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

What exactly happens when you configure the settings and then try to save the APN?

If the phone always loses them then it's a phone issue and not a 48 issue.

Unfortunately Samsung Galaxy phones are sometimes problematic like this - losing or rejecting configuration settings for no obvious reason.

It's a widely experienced problem globally and Samsung have never fixed it for those affected.

You might need to contact Samsung or whoever sold you the phone to ask them how to configure and save your internet configuration settings.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update @graham37?

graham37
Newcomer
Yea it looks like it could be what you say.... Will have to contact Samsung.....but it will work for a very limited time once I put it in manually....by limited I mean a day max

Yeah - unfortunately this is a common problem with Samsung Galaxy phones where they spontaneously reject or lose the APN/internet settings for no obvious reason.

You could try checking if you are on the latest Samsung software update (using Kies or whatever way they do it these days) and if not see if an update might help at all?

Bear in mind that you might want to backup before updating in case it wipes personal data.

But even then I'm not sure that this will necessarily fix the problem as it's still a commonly mentioned one with Samsung phones.

Hope this helps.

wolfie
Newcomer

Why internet around Dundalk not working from last week? And last month also, 48 internet now often not working.

May i have customer contact number? Please help and thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You need to contact 48 support.
There is no phone number.
All support is done online.
See here - option 3 or the live chat during support office hours.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

wolfie
Newcomer
I'm having a lot of trouble with my internet around dundalk area can't make phone calls or texts very frustrating customer

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should contact 48 support as I suggested above.

Hope this helps.

Did you contact 48 support @wolfie?

Were they able to help?