cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet says roaming Is on

luk
Newcomer
Calls and texts work fine but I can't use my Internet... Says I'm on roaming even though I haven't left the country... Please help...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to configure your internet/APN settings for internet to work.

Follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

If it still doesn't work then post back with details of your settings for review - screenshots ideally.

48 is a "virtual" network operating on the Three network so some/most phones will think that they are roaming even when they are not. This is not a problem, does not involve any extra costs or issues and can simply be ignored.

Some phones/operating systems have an option to enable national data roaming to get rid of the "R" on the signal bars but where that option is not available you just have to ignore the issue as it's innocuous.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to configure your internet/APN settings for internet to work.

Follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

If it still doesn't work then post back with details of your settings for review - screenshots ideally.

48 is a "virtual" network operating on the Three network so some/most phones will think that they are roaming even when they are not. This is not a problem, does not involve any extra costs or issues and can simply be ignored.

Some phones/operating systems have an option to enable national data roaming to get rid of the "R" on the signal bars but where that option is not available you just have to ignore the issue as it's innocuous.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I had no problem before it was working fine....2 days ago it randomly stopped working...all my setting were correct...

i messed around with the setting and managed to get it to work...thank you for the help 🙂

Something must have changed if it worked before but then stopped working.

Did your phone get a software update or did somebody mess with the settings?

Which settings did you have to change to get it working again?

The most common ones that are wrong are Authentication type (should be left blank/unset and not set to PAP, CHAP etc.) and APN type (should be set to * and if that doesn't work then default,mms,supl should work).

Glad you got it sorted anyway.