cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Anon
Not applicable

My internet dosent work outside of my house when I turn it off and then try turn it back on when I'm away. The 3G signal comes up but there is no Internet connection. What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you ever configure your internet/APN settings?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Any chance internet works at home because you are connected to the internet via your wifi local area network and not carrier data?

Does the carrier data (not wifi!) connection ever work anywhere?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
No my internet carrier works in my house but no where else, after I have my wifi connected and then I turn on my mobile data and turn off the wifi and it works, What should I do?

Sounds like an issue with the phone.

Can't see how it's an issue with 48.

What make and model of phone is it?

Did it ever work OK on another network?

Is it using the latest software update?

Have you tried backing up, doing a factory reset then restoring it to see if that helps?

Hope this helps.

@meganbrodie wrote:
No my internet carrier works in my house but no where else, after I have my wifi connected and then I turn on my mobile data and turn off the wifi and it works, What should I do?

@meganbrodie wrote:

My internet dosent work outside of my house when I turn it off and then try turn it back on when I'm away. The 3G signal comes up but there is no Internet connection. What should I do?

Just looking at your two posts again and I'm a bit confused as they don't tally.

Can you explain the issue more clearly please?

Can you clarify the following please?

• When you are in your house and internet works are you using wifi (i.e. a wireless LAN in your house that connected to the internet via a broadband connection)?
  • When you are in your house and internet works are you using a carrier data connection over the 48 network?
  • When you are out of your house internet access does not work at all?
  • Did internet access over using carrier data (i.e. not wifi) ever work?
  • Have you configured your internet/APN settings for internet access to work using the carrier data connection over the 48 network?

Hope this helps.

Any update?