Members

Hot Rod

Mobile data abroad

Hi there. I'm in Italy and can't access mobile data. I get a message saying I'm not subscribed to a mobile data network. Please help.
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Re: Mobile data abroad

[ Edited ]

Are you on a Guido membership?

Are calls and texts working OK?

If the answer to both questions is yes and data is not working then you'll need to contact 48 support.

Many people are having problems getting data working while roaming in the EU on Guido memberships even for though it should work.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
The Legend

Any update @helga?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Hot Rod

Hi The Legend,

Thanks for the response. Got it sorted by redoing my mobile data network settings. Just looked up the 48 months website for the right settings for my phone and looks like they've updated them since I last checked them cause the APN is different. Anyway, all sorted now and roaming foc on my guido.  Thanks for the help.

Helga

Posted from Apple iPad
The Legend

Hi @helga - delighted to hear that you got it working.

If you get a chance could you clarify what exaxctly your settings are that work (and what you had to change) because lots of people are having problems with this (i.e. data while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership) and the solution is far from clear.

Was it a case of changing MCC/MNC from 272/11 to 206/01 or 207/01 or something else?

Thanks a lot.

Hot Rod

Mobile data APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

MMS APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms

MMS PROXY: 10.1.11.19 :8080

Im on iPhone 6 but the above worked for me.

Posted from Apple iPad
The Legend

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for posting back @helga.

That's odd because those are the normal APN settings:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Troubleshooting-Knowledge-Base/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

so I don't know why (re?)applying them made roaming data work.

Not your problem though now that you're up and running but I'm really curious about why so many people have problems with Guido EU roaming data and am still not clear if there is a general solution for those that do.

Anyway - enjoy your trip! :-)

Hot Rod

Are they the normal settings? Because mine were different to those, I had set them maybe 2 years ago so they might have changed since then. I had to change the MMS APN and the MMSC from what I had in there. So maybe that's why people are having problems, their settings are not up to date.  Anyway, hope this helped.

Posted from Apple iPad
The Legend

[ Edited ]

The link that I posted above contains instructions for configuring the APN settings normally for use in Ireland.
Some people have reported that when they're roaming in the EU some of these change.
E.g. MCC/MNC change from the normal 272/11 (Ireland/Liffey Telecom) to 206/01 or 207/01 (Belgium/Belgacom-Proximus?) even if they're not in Belgium!
I'm not clear what your full APN settings were before and after you modified them?

Would you be able to clarify?
I'm also not sure why 48 support can't simply tell people what to do when it doesn't work or, better still, arrange things so it just works without any fiddling...

It all seems a bit hit and miss which seems odd.

Hope this helps.

Hot Rod

Sorry, never kept a record of my APN settings before I changed them but I know the number in the MMSC was definitely different. Never tried contacting 48 support as I got it sorted pretty quickly thankfully but I'm sure they're not going to encourage data roaming by making it too easy
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Hi @helga thanks for posting back.
Glad you got it working but you seem to be one of the few judging by all the posts from people having problems.