cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Internet is not working

glennk
Newcomer

im having trouble with my internet when im out.  it works fine when i leave home in the mornings but when i go somewhere and connect to the wifi, i find to have no internet after i disconnect from it. it usually comes back when im not in the area for example when im 10km or so away from the location i was in. whats this being caused by and can it be fixed? thanks 

20 REPLIES 20

shivvy1977
Visitor
How do I attach screenshots to show you my settings are as instructed

You can attach files such as screenshots when composing a reply.

Theres's a Photos button in the message composition toolbar.

if you don't see it then you may need to use the full/desktop version of the site rather than the mobile version.

As I said above if you read and follow the instructions that I linked to carefully then internet will work.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

shivvy1977
Visitor
I HAVE DONE THAT SEVERAL TIMES TODAY 😡

If you followed the instructions that I linked to above but it's still not working then you have almost certainly made some mistake.

If you can't post your settings here for review (screenshots or otherwise) then you'll have to contact 48 support tomorrow for more assistance.

I can't do much more without more info.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

image1-1.pngimage2-2.png

Looks OK to me.

Are you sure that you have data and data roaming enabled?

Admittedly I am not faimilar with how iPhones configure these settings these days and I tend to avoid iPhones like the plague because of the stupid way that Apple do things that cause so many problems for users.

Hope this helps.

shivvy1977
Visitor
Yes I do, Thanks for your help 😐 I’ll be onto customer care in the morning this is ridiculous

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Were 48 support able to help @shivvy1977?

shivvy1977
Visitor
No am in Poland for weekend have no signal very Peed off only on WiFi

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Do you have a Guido membership?
If not then EU roaming will not work.
If you have then this iPhone issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things may be relevant:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

You may have to try that many times before it works.
Switching airplane mode on and then off and then trying the reconfiguration quickly may help to catch the local network and allow the change to be made.

If you do get Guido EU roaming working but data does not work then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it and change it back to that then switch airplane mode on and then off and see if data works.

Hope this helps.

BTW have you been abroad during this full thread?!
If so then you should have mentioned that add it is very significant.