cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet needs reconfiguration every few weeks without warning, why does this keep happening

leeannel
Newcomer

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What make/model of phone?

Is it a Samsung by any chance as they have an annoying habit of spontaneously losing their settings and needing reconfiguration.

Lots of people all around the world have reported this but I have never seen an authoritative explanation as to why this happens or a general solution.

Otherwise is your phone getting regular software updates that perhaps reset certain settings?

Ultimately it's almost certainly not down to the 48 network/service and is more likely an issue with the phone itself.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

it is a samsung ! so theres nothing i can do to prevent it ?

Hi

I've seen people have this issue repeatedly, its incredibly frustrating.

I have a theory.

I can't rule out software updates as a possible villain causing the issue on with Samsung devices occasionally, but I know what does for certain, excluding software updates!

Signal loss.

Cross the border into Northern Ireland, lose signal, return to Republic, search for signal, APN will have disappeared.

I checked this out on an Samsung Galaxy Note, S4 and S2 all having the same issue.

What Samaung model is the OPs I wonder?

Is it up to date with software?

Are you manually inserting the APN?

Are you selecting save from the top right after inputting the APN?

How long is it since you got your last 48 sim?

From my very basic understanding and troubleshooting of the issue, the above questions are important to solving the problem.

Hey there

Just a follow up, have you tried any of the suggestions?

Is there anything that your now aware of that might trigger the APN loss?

Post back if you can!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Unfortunately I've never seen a proper explanation or solution so lots of people struggle with the same problem with Samsung phones.
Maybe they get regular software updates which reset the settings or something?

leeannel
Newcomer
Hi sorry for the late reply . I do actually visit northern Ireland on occasion and I had sone so around the time my Internet setting went . I have tried your other suggestions and my Internet has been fine , however I only had problems every few weeks there was no pattern to problem . I will keep you updated if I visit northern Ireland again soon to see if your theory is correct, for my phone anyway) . Thank you for the help and suggestions