cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

Anon
Not applicable
Hi. I just signed up with 48, when I make a call I am told to buy credit aldough I just paid 10 euro for credit ?. Anybody. Thanks. Bunny.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for your help,

I was in contact with 48 and now I have my credit, not sure what the problem was.

Only problem now is very poor reception on phone calls and 3G, have to go outside the house to make a phone call.

Looks like its back to Vodafone after all, Thanks Again, Vin.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to buy a membership.

Having cash credit on your account is not enough.

48 doesn't work like other pay as you go networks.

See here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Everything-about-membership/m-p/24

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for that, I have bought Membership (€10)

Do I have to buy credit as well?.

Ime new to 48 juse activated sim today.

Membership comes with certain mobile calls, landline calls, text and data allowances.

You don't need cash credit as well unless you use services not covered by membership allowances eg. MMS picture messages, calls and texts to international numbers, calls to "special" numbers such as 1850/1890 etc.

You may need to contact 48 support:

http://www.48months.ie/help/ask-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

Anon
Not applicable

Thanks for your help,

I was in contact with 48 and now I have my credit, not sure what the problem was.

Only problem now is very poor reception on phone calls and 3G, have to go outside the house to make a phone call.

Looks like its back to Vodafone after all, Thanks Again, Vin.

Where are you located?

Do you know anybody else on 48 - or maybe Tesco Mobile, Lycamobile or Three to see what their reception is like?

48/Tesco/Lyca are virtual carriers operating on the Three network (albeit with possible differences in the specific infrastructure used) so might be comparable.

When you say reception is poor how are you measuring this?

Signal bars?

Some other way?

Do calls drop or are they noisy?

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi, Signal bars are low, internet is slow 3G.

I had this problem with Three and O2 before so it hasent changed.

Vodafone it no problem.

Where i am in Ballyboden Rathfarnham area, I see people out there back gardens to make calls, guess there on the same network, Crazy, Thanks, Vin.

That's a shame.

I know of two other areas in Dublin (parts of D11 and D15) that are really bad for mobile signals on any network. 

Seems odd in this day and age... Man Frustrated

Hi, I signed up yesterday and paid twice, €25.98 will the €51.96 be added to my account?