cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No automatic internet

gen1
Visitor
Why oh why do I not automatically get the internet each month when I buy credit and text guido..its so frustrating trying to find someone with internet to contact 48 to see what is going on..this is crap
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean you buy a new Guido membership and the data doesn't work?

Do you then have to do something to get it working?

What have 48 support said about this situation?

If data never works then make sure that your internet/APN settings are correct.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

gen1
Visitor
Thanks for reply..I had to go into settings and type in a whole load of stuff..same last month..
48 haven't commented. ..it's ridiculous I have to do this every month..it should be automatic when I buy credit and text Guido to 1745...cos internet is included in guido

Are your saying that this happens every month that you buy a new membership?

Or just the odd time?

You seem to be using a Samsung Galaxy phone and they have an annoying habit of spontaneously losing their internet settings which could be happening here?

If not and it's every month that this happens then get onto 48 and ask them for advice.

However I suspect that this has nothing to do with the 48 network itself to be honest.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

gen1
Visitor
Yes...every month..had to ask friend to text me details I needed for settings. .yes..Samsung galaxy
Not impressed with Samsung either to be honest..thanks for help .

Very odd if you need to do this every month.

Never heard of that before.

What do your internet settings look like in that case before you've reconfigured them?

It may shed some light on what's happening.

Do you have to ever reconfigure your settings at any other time too?

I.e. are you sure that it's always contemporaneous with the purchase of a new membership?

Note the link that I posted above which explains how to configure your settings correctly.

Hope this helps.

gen1
Visitor
Yes..it's only when I buy new membership...settings all have to be filled out again

But what are the settings when you have bought membership?

Have they changed?

Seems very odd that there is some link between buying/activating a new membership and the settings becoming unusable.

I've heard of Samsung Galaxy phones losing their settings but that seemed to be more sporadic/spontaneous and not necessarily linked to the purchase/activation of a new membership.

And it happens to many people all around the world and not just on 48.

Maybe next time this happens you can check and post your settings to see if that sheds any light on the problem/cause?

Hope this helps.