cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet in Lanzarote

au
Visitor
My partner has internet and i don't, even if we did the same thing, keeping mobile data on ....
I reinstaled configuration message .... no luck.
I don't want to spend my holiday in frustration.
Please advise.
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Do calls and texts work ok?
Are you on a Guido membership?
If yes to both then check the apn field of your internet settings and if it has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it to change it back to that, reboot and see if data starts working.
This is a common problem for many people with data not working while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @au?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

au
Visitor
Still doesn't work. Text/call works, i restarted the device ....

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you check that the internet settings are correct including the apn field being set to 48months.liffeytelecom.com?
Did you compare the settings on your phone to those on your partner's?
Are you sure that you have roaming and data roaming enabled?

Hope this helps.

au
Visitor
Dayler, appreciate your help but still not working.
I made a new APN like my partner has and when i press save it dissappear.
I'm 6 years with 48 and been few times abroad and internet worked.
Sometimes this happens in Ireland too, but i reinstall that text configuration and works.
My partner makes hotspot but that kills the power in her phone.

The disappearing settings/APN problem is a common one with some Samsung Galaxy phones (worldwide) and unfortunately I have never seen a solution - Samsung don't seem to help their customers fix it.

What make and model of phone is your partner's?

Even if you have been with 48 for 6 years internet abroad (in the EU on Guido membership) will only have worked since June last year - before that they never supported internet while roaming abroad.

You might want to contact 48 support for more advice here - see the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @au?