cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network

bmw10
Visitor
I joined this maybe three hours ago and since iv joined iv hadn’t internet now iv no net work what’s going on seriously what’s going on Iv just wasted 20 e
22 REPLIES 22

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you activate your SIM correctly?
What networks do you see if you do a manual scan?
Can you see and connect to 48?
If not are you sure that you have roaming and data roaming enabled as is required on a "virtual" network like 48?
Did you buy membership and not just topup your cash credit balance by €20?
48 is a bit different to other party as you go networks and works on the basis of monthly membership and not just cash credit.
Did you configure your internet settings?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

bmw10
Visitor
Yes I paid true a credit card the sim is activated and it shows 48 and only one bar then it goes searching for network and I have to turn off the phone turn it on again and it comes back up again . So I would like to cancel my membership and won’t be renewing it next month as it’s not much good to me if I can’t network or internet

You seem to be using an iPhone?

If that's the case then the problem is probably due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

On some networks they insist on the iPhone being activated but don't tell you this clearly or explain what's involved.

On virtual networks like 48 this process involves the iPhone sending a UK SMS silently behind the scenes to effect the activation.

But they don't tell you that this is happening or if it fails.

On 48 international SMS messages cost 25c so if you have no cash credit on your account then this process will fail.

International texts are not covered by membership text allowances.

So I would suggest that you put a small amount of cash credit on your account (e.g. €1), switch the phone of and then on again an wait a bit to see if it activates and starts working.

As I said the problem here is with the iPhone and the stupid way that Apple do things unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @bmw10?

bmw10
Visitor
If it’s my phone well then there’s no point in been a 48 member as I don’t intend to buy a new phone

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You don't have to buy a new phone.
You just need to follow the instructions that I posted above.
Did you even read what I posted?

bmw10
Visitor
Yes I read it so it’s 25c a message and I’m to buy more credit is that correct

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If the problem is that the iPhone needs to be activated on the 48 network (due to the stupid way that Apple do things) then yes.
You then switch off and on again and wait a while until it activates.
The only way to know that this has happened is that it will connect to the 48 network.
Unfortunately Apple make this process unnecessarily complex instead of the phone just working as is the case with most others.
However you should double check that roaming and data roaming are enabled first in case that's the only reason that you cannot connect to the network.

Hope this helps.

bmw10
Visitor
It did connect to 48 then it came up saying no service and searching I’m just going to leave it as this is just wasting my time il stay wit my current network and il give my 48 sim to someone else they might have better luck . And I won’t be recommending this network to any of my friends as it’s just too much hassle. Thank u for ur help