cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service/internet

shannonwatsonovo
Newcomer
I've no internet or reception out in the country side but my friends phones do because theyre different networks tried everything & badly need to text,make phone calls & use the internet. If any1 knows a way of fixing this your help would be much appreciated. Thanka
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What networks are your friends on?

What networks do you see if you do a manual scan?

Maybe you're simply in an area of poor coverage?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

shannonwatsonovo
Newcomer
They're on 3 network & it works fine.
theres vodaphone, 02, meteor and 48. But only 02 accepts because my sim doesnt accept the other ones but its no different really. Thanks

I think it's to be expected that you can only connect to 48 or O2 and not the others.

Do you get any signal (bars) at all?

Does anything work at all?

Might do no good but ... power off. take the SIM out, GENTLY clean the contacts, reinsert it, switch on and see if that makes any difference.

If not then you may need to contact 48 support for more advice and it's possible that you might want to try a replacement SIM just in case that helps.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

shannonwatsonovo
Newcomer
Thanks,
That helped a bit i have three signal bars now and the internet is slightly working but its still on E. Getting the occasional whatts ap message etc. It also depends on what part of the house im in. Il get in contact with 48 support about it. Thanks so much for your help. Appreciated.

You mean cleaning the SIM helped?
Maybe a replacement SIM might help too?
But talk to support in case they can offer more insight and advice.

singer1979
Newcomer

Guys I live in a rural area 5 mins outside Callan, 15 mins outside Kilkenny and we had 3 x 48 customers standing in our kitchen and no one had reception, it would maybe give 2 bars of service (if lucky) and then "no service",,,,, bear in mind we have been with 48 well over 1 year and I have NEVER seen the reception this bad,,, I could have my fone in my hand sitting watching TV and all of a sudden a handful of missed call alerts would ping but my phone never rang once. I had to walk halfway down the garden just to make a call and send some texts, phone calls if we are lucky to get through in first place were very bad quality and usually end up dropping. It's an absolute joke and takes me back to my horrendous experience with Meteor. I have emailed customer support numerous times only to be told the same crap that Meteor fed me way back when "sorry sir we've checked our system and there's no fault showing up at our end" i.e it must be at yours..... TO ALL THE HQ CREW AT 48 please take note,,, if you want rid of customers to go to Vodafone you are certainly going the right way about it. This thread proves that it's not just a single house (as one of your reply emails from customer service suggested) 

Our house internet is formely O2 (now 3) ((now 48's new owners)) what the hell is up guys??

If you says it's a teething error that will (or will not) be resolved in the coming days or weeks just bloody say so. What if there's an emergency and family must be contacted?

You should log a support query to ask 48 support about this:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

In some cases people with poor reception have improved matters by switching off, taking the SIM out, GENTLY cleaning the contacts, reseating the SIM and switching on again. No harm in trying it.

Hope this helps.

Mine is the same.
It was working perfectly, now it jumps from 3 bars to no bars,
phone calls and internet is a nightmare,

I was in carlow for a wedding and had NO reception for two whole days untll i left the county.
Who do i get on to about this,
I'm already looking up other networks to see who i can move to.

@clifford wrote:

Who do i get on to about this,

48 support.

I provided the link above.

You should also try the tip that I suggested above as it helped some people to get better reception but I don't know why - simply restarting or reseating the SIM might help. Cleaning it may be a placebo! I don't know.

Hope this helps.