cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Hotspot iPhone keeps deleting APN

Anon
Not applicable

Hi. I've followed all the instructions for setting up my personal hotspot. I enter 48months.liffeytelecom.com to the Personal Hotspot APN, leave the page but when I go back to it, the APN is gone! Very frustrating! Does anyone know a fix?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What iOS version?

Does your APN work OK for normal internet access from the phone itself?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for reply!

I'm using IOS 7.1 - don't laugh! It's because I've an old Mac that can't upgrade it's OS so if I upgrade my IOS it won't be compatible with my computer.

Yes my internet works perfectly well from the phone

I've seen this problem mentioned in connection with iOS 7 with an upgrade fixing it. Haven't seen any other solution.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks for that, I had a feeling it might be an IOS problem. I might pop down to the Apple shop and see what they say about upgrading and compatibility with my computer. I'm getting a new Mac really soon anyway yip!! Thanks again

Did you try resetting your iPhone network settings and reconfiguring them from scratch in case that helps?

Anon
Not applicable
I just did it and it's the same old story. What's most annoying is that the 'Set up personal hotspot' has come up but when I tap it, it comes up with the 'contact your carrier'. I then go and put in the APN (as per that great video), I come out of the page, go back in and the APN is gone! So so nearly there!