cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Internet

hunter
Newcomer
I renewed my guido membership on the 29th December. It was due to run out on the 30th. My internet however is not working now even though my calls texts etc are. It's displaying the 3G symbol, roaming and cellular data are all switched on and it says on my account that I have 1g of Internet remaining. Not sure what it could be?
7 REPLIES 7

hunter
Newcomer
It's an iPhone 5 if that makes any difference

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did internet access work OK before?
Are you absolutely sure that your internet/APN settings are correct?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

hunter
Newcomer
Yeah Internet had been working fine! It's now working but that's only since I added credit to my phone to make a call to one of those premiem numbers that aren't covered so I'm guessing it's working of my credit? It also says now that my allowance is 1019 mb and the usage bar is still full

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Data usage on 48 is never charged from your cash credit balance.
It always comes from your membership or add-on data allowance.
If topping up your cash credit balance helped then I'm not sure why.
There's a possibility that your iPhone needed (re?)activation and that needs cash credit to cover the cost of the UK SMS that gets sent.
But if it needed activation then not only data but calls and texts would not have been working.
What was your cash credit balance after topping up and what is it now?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

hunter
Newcomer
It seems to be fine now. I just messed around with it abit I disconnected from 48 and rejoined and it seems to be working so il not worry about it! Thanks for the speedy responses!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
OK. So topping up your credit balance was presumably a red herring here and nothing to do with it starting to work again?
Glad you got it sorted I've way or another.