Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Roaming data not working in spain

Average Joe
‎27-03-2018 02:16 PM
Hi I'm in Spain. On Guido plan. Roaming data not working. Movistar/48 is network? Have lots full data left? How do I get data to work? Data roaming enabled on phone.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Roaming data not working in spain

The Legend
‎27-03-2018 04:23 PM

If calls and texts are working but data is not then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed value from 48months.liffeytelecom.com to something else then edit it, change it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com, reboot and see if it starts working.

This is a very common problem for people roaming in the EU on Guido who find that data does not work straight off even if calls and texts do.

I don't know why it happens or why 48 can't fix it so that it doesn't.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

The Legend
‎27-03-2018 06:03 PM

Did that help at all @paulkelly33?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎28-03-2018 08:16 AM
Afraid not @dayler. Created new apn 48months.liffeytelecom.com selected it. Then reboot. Didn't work. Thanks for your help tho. Appreciate it.
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎28-03-2018 08:42 AM

Did you check the apn field of the settings?
For many people it changes from 48months.liffeytelecom.com when roaming and has to be changed back to that for data to work.
If that doesn't help then you'll have to contact 48 support for more assistance.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎28-03-2018 02:57 PM
Did that help at all @paulkelly33?

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎29-03-2018 08:56 AM
Ya added 48months.liffeytelecom.com to apn to in settings. No joy. Thanks again . Appreciate it
0 Likes

The Legend
‎29-03-2018 09:13 AM
Did you ask 48 support about it?
That change normally works for people who have problems with Guido EU roaming data but not calls/texts.

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community