cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming internet data

Newcomer
Just wondering can I use my phone to go on the internet while I'm abroad? I can't find an option to buy data for roaming, I've bought calls and texts already.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately not as 48 don't support data while roaming abroad so you have to use wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

art_moore
Newcomer
I'm going to Fermanagh for a month, does this area count as roaming as it is out of the republic of Ireland?

Unless you can pick up the 48/Three Ireland network there then you will be roaming abroad (on an NI/UK network) and data will not work.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

art_moore
Newcomer
Ya that helps thanks, any ideas on how I could get data roaming so?

You mean data while roaming outside the Republic of Ireland?

You can't on 48 other than maybe near the NI border as I've already said.

On 48 you'll only be able to use internet and connected apps while on wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

This new announcement is relevant here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

art_moore
Newcomer
Thanks, that's really helpful