Members

Average Joe

Roaming internet data

Just wondering can I use my phone to go on the internet while I'm abroad? I can't find an option to buy data for roaming, I've bought calls and texts already.

Thanks
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Re: Roaming internet data

Unfortunately not as 48 don't support data while roaming abroad so you have to use wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Average Joe

I'm going to Fermanagh for a month, does this area count as roaming as it is out of the republic of Ireland?
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi 3
The Legend

Unless you can pick up the 48/Three Ireland network there then you will be roaming abroad (on an NI/UK network) and data will not work.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
The Legend

Did that help at all?

Average Joe

Ya that helps thanks, any ideas on how I could get data roaming so?
The Legend

You mean data while roaming outside the Republic of Ireland?

You can't on 48 other than maybe near the NI border as I've already said.

On 48 you'll only be able to use internet and connected apps while on wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

The Legend

Did that help at all?

The Legend

This new announcement is relevant here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

Average Joe

Thanks, that's really helpful
Check these out