cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

shellers
Newcomer
I was in Portugal last week n I couldn't pick up a carrier, my friend is now in Bulgaria n has the same problem. We are both on the guido n have roped up after the 13/06/17
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You seem to be using an iPhone - is your friend using one too?

If so it's almost certainly this iPhone roaming problem due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

iPhone abroad issue

You have to be persistent in trying to get that to work.

Switching airplane mode on and then off and then quickly trying it may help to get it working quicker.

As I say this specific problem is down to the stupid way that Apple does things and users of Android or other phones don't have this problem.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @shellers?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

shellers
Newcomer
Hi
No it didn't, she wasn't able to get coverage whilst away and since back the fone is on no service it won't pick up the carrier, we have tried the airplane mode, switching it on and off an d resetting it. Any help at this stage would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
She'll have to do this on return to Ireland due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @shellers?

shellers
Newcomer
No I'm afraid not, she's home so it's not working

shellers
Newcomer
She's home since Sunday

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
She'll have to contact 48 support so.

Hope this helps.

Did she contact 48 support and get this sorte out @shellers?