cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 keeps forgetting Internet Settings

emmaconnolly
Newcomer
Why does my phone keep forgetting my settings for 3G?? I have inserted my 3G settings HUNDREDS of times, but it keeps getting deleted after a few days. If this is not a problem that is only related to 48 I'm going to have to change networks because it is infuriating paying for 3G when I can't use it because of the settings being forgotten. I'm not the only one who has this trouble, my dad has the same phone as me and is a 48 customer and the same thing happens to him. Please help us sort it out!
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately this is a common problem with Samsung Galaxy phones and is not specific to 48.

There are many reports of this problem worldwide and no fail-safe solution that I have ever seen.

Many people have reported it here too.

All I can suggest is that you contact Samsung support our the seller and ask them why this happens and how to fix it.

They'll probably (incorrectly) blame the network though.

I don't understand why you say if it's not specific to 48 (and it's not) then you'll have to switch networks?

Chances are you could well have the same problem with other networks.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

emmaconnolly
Newcomer
My boyfriend, his Dad, and my brother have the same phone and are with different networks and they never have this problem...

It's your phone using the same software update as theirs?

Here's a recent thread on the same issue:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Internet/Losing-internet-settings/m-p/45054#M2320

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @emmaconnolly?

As you can see from the link in that other thread many Samsung Galaxy users worldwide are affected by problems with the data connection and/or settings being lost sporadically for no obvious reason and Samsung don't seem to be doing much to help/advise them unfortunately.