gerrysinnott
Visitor
I wish to leave 48 and want to transfer my number how do I do that
Looking at my profile I see no reference to my account no
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You contact the other provider and ask them to port your number over.

You don't contact 48 at all about this.

The only thing you need to do at the 48 end is to ensure that membership auto renewal is switched off if you were using it up to now just to avoid the possibility of being charged on an ongoing basis for membership when you have left.

On the other hand once your number is ported from 48 to another provider I think your account gets deleted anyway so this would probably not happen.

There is no account number with 48 - just your phone number.

If they other carrier insists on an account number then you need to contact them and tell them that 48 accounts do not have such a number.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You contact the other provider and ask them to port your number over.

You don't contact 48 at all about this.

The only thing you need to do at the 48 end is to ensure that membership auto renewal is switched off if you were using it up to now just to avoid the possibility of being charged on an ongoing basis for membership when you have left.

On the other hand once your number is ported from 48 to another provider I think your account gets deleted anyway so this would probably not happen.

There is no account number with 48 - just your phone number.

If they other carrier insists on an account number then you need to contact them and tell them that 48 accounts do not have such a number.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @gerrysinnott?