Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco APN replaces 48 - no data working

pat
Visitor

This happened twice in 1 week on my wifes phone. Samsung Galaxy S5

Got this reply from 48

We're aware of Tesco taking over APN settings. They've been doing this in most Android handsets and we're unsure why they're doing that. We've already raised a case with HQ to get in touch with Tesco to find out why they're doing that and to stop it. This is still under investigation.

Saw someone else reported this in 2016, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick (or slow) fix.

Thought this crap only happened while abroad..

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Make sure that the phone has the latest version of the Samsung software available for that model.
Check the Samsung support site for details.

Can you simply edit the Tesco APN settings to set them to those required for 48?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @pat?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for that idea, I was deleting and creating a new APN. 

Did it just now, tesco had come in again today, will have to wait a few days to see how it goes.

I think I've done this before and it worked OK.

I don't remember having a case of Tesco APN settings "taking over" like you describe.

But then Samsung Galaxy phones seem to cause almost as many problems as iPhones due to the stupid way that Samsung/Apple seem to do things.

Hope this helps.

That didn't work, APN back to tescomobile again today. 

That's a shame.

I don't understand why that happens or why 48 support can explain or fix the problem. 

Sorry that I can't be of any more help...