cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK roaming has stopped working today

thesoupthief
Visitor
Hi,
I'm currently in the UK. Have been using my Guido contracted data for the past few days up til this morning then for no obvious reason my data has cut out. I've more than half of my 1gb allowance left, but it just isn't working. I've not changed any settings and have reset my phone, but no joy. Do you have any guesses?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is the APN field of your APN set to?
If it's not already 48months.liffeytelecom.com change or to that, switch airplane mode on then off and see if it works.
If that doesn't help please post back with all of the settings of your APN.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is the APN field of your APN set to?
If it's not already 48months.liffeytelecom.com change or to that, switch airplane mode on then off and see if it works.
If that doesn't help please post back with all of the settings of your APN.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thesoupthief
Visitor
You are on fire!
That has just worked first time!
Really not sure why, stove rebooting the phone didn't work, but thanks a million!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great, glad it helped.
You're the second person for whom this worked so maybe it's a general solution for the many people who have had this problem?
I've asked 48 support to check if that's the case.

EimearL2622
Newcomer
Hi, I am experiencing this issue now. My network connection has been gone all day. I have tried to turn off and on the phone, airplane mode, remove and re-insert the SIM and I have checked and updated all APN settings as per the 48 guide. Any ideas of how to fix it?

Any use?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Phones/Service-not-working-in-UK/m-p/56925/highlight/false#M3944

I have had the same issue since yesterday at around 10am as well.

Up until then, I was actively using the mobile data, so it is not a result of changes in settings.

Furthermore, it has worked daily for the past 6+ months without issue.

I receive no service at all while in Northern Ireland resulting in no calls or texts, not just no mobile data.

When back in ROI, everything resumes as normal, with no changes to any settings

Any attempts to resolve the issue by toggling flight mode, restarting phone, reinserting SIM, changing SIM Menu settings in app, or editing/resetting APN settings.

In regards to the APN settings, when changing them as I have had to in the past, the instant I change the MCC from the default 206 to 272, or the MNC from the default 01 to 11, the APN instantly disappears from the menu, with a chance of it reappearing at a random point in the future.

The reappearing of the APN in the menu does not however yield any actual results.

Attempting to connect to a network operator using "Select automatically" results in "Unable to connect. Try again later."

Attempting to manually connect to any of the network operators available results in "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network."

I've scoured any forum posts I could, and have yet to come to a solution.

Did you try switching from 4G/3G/2G to 3G/2G only as per one of the links in the post that I linked above? Seems that some people are having problems similar to yours and this helped even if the 3G/2G data connection is very slow... Difficult to know what's going on without some clarification from 48 support themselves. 😞

You are not alone.

I was in NI today and both mine and my daughters phones would not connect to any network. We are both on 48. My wife is with Gomo and had no problems.

They are obviously having problems but its impossible to get any clarification.

NoelK7116
Newcomer
Having the exact same problem here. Keep me posted