Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Unable to set up data on OnePlus Three

Anon
‎28-07-2016 12:03 AM

Hi,

I got a OnePlus Three last week and put in my new 48 nanosim there on Monday evening, and thought I had everything set up. I entered my number into the Tweakker system having found my phone, however I got no text from them, so I just entered in the settings manually from another page on this site On Tuesday I was without wifi and had to use my mobile data. Unfortunately the mobile data signal was very weak. It took half an hour to send a message on WhatsApp, and I couldn't load anything on other apps like Instagram and YouTube. Every now and then the signal died completely and I would get an error message saying "No network found" or something to that effect.

Tweakker didn't work and the settings that were offered didn't work. Any idea what might help me? Much obliged!

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to set up data on OnePlus Three

The Legend
‎28-07-2016 12:42 PM

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

0 Likes

All Replies

The Legend
‎28-07-2016 12:08 AM

Follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎28-07-2016 12:42 PM

Did that help at all?

0 Likes

Anon
‎28-07-2016 09:18 PM

It did, I'm an eejit, I forgot to turn it off and on again. I need to go rewatch The IT Crowd, thank you!!

0 Likes

The Legend
‎28-07-2016 11:23 PM

No worries.

Glad you got it sorted.

Posted from Xiaomi Note 3
0 Likes

Anon
‎29-07-2016 04:11 PM
I have the same problem with the OP3 but I contacted ONEPLUS and they told me that the three is not compatible with the 48 network?? All I get is a weak H signal. I pay for 15gb of Internet a month but I can barely use a fraction because of the crap connection.
Posted from Generic Android 6.0
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎29-07-2016 04:15 PM

Sounds like reopey advice from them.

Maybe they mean that 48 don't support 4G/LTE but to say that it's not compatible with 48 is pure rubbish.

See here for example:

http://willmyphonework.net/

Where are you located?

Do you know anybody else on 48 and, if so, what sort of signal/data are they getting?

What do you get under About phone > Status> Signal strength/Mobile network type/Service status etc.? (Or whatever the equivalent menu option is on this phone).

What are your internet/APN settings - post them here for review - ideally screenshots.

What speed do you get with the likes of SpeedTest?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zwanoo.android.speedtest

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Anon
‎29-07-2016 04:19 PM
I explained that it wasn't a 4g issue that all I wanted was the H+ signal that my ONEPLUS one had no issue with and they told me that the 48 does not support the op3?? I have tried everything to get a proper signal but no joy so far.
0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎29-07-2016 04:22 PM

There are at least two people with it working on 48 here so it sounds like OnePlus don't know what they're talking about to me...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Internet/One-plus-3/td-p/41137

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Internet/Unable-to-set-up-data-on-OnePlus-Three/m-p/41444#M1490

You didn't address any of the questions that I asked which might help me and others to help you...

0 Likes

Anon
‎29-07-2016 04:23 PM
All the APN settings were put in new , instructions from 48
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community