Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using a OnePlus abroad

Average Joe

Hi guys. I'm heading to Andorra tomorrow for the weekend. I've been abroad a couple of times since free roaming was introduced and my OnePlus has never worked. Enabled it for roaming, bought Guido etc. Any ideas on how to solve it this time?

0 Likes

Re: Using a OnePlus abroad

The Legend
Andorra is not in the EU so Guido EU roaming will not work there unless you manage to connect to a Spanish or French network while there.
Otherwise you will need cash credit to cover the cost of outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts.
And data will not work.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Average Joe

Thanks for your reply. 

I was also in Andorra last year and everyone I was with had no issues with EU roaming. I am flying into Barcelona and also staying there for a few nights on my way back, so I'm guessing it should definitely work there. I'm just wondering if there's something different about OnePlus phones than iPhones when it comes to roaming. Are you aware of anything like this?

0 Likes

The Legend
You might want to check with 48 if Guido EU roaming should work in Andorra.
Certainly Andorra is not in the EU and is not listed here

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Android phones generally have fewer problems than iPhones when roaming so I don't know why One Plus would differ.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend

Were 48 support able to clarify whether or not Guido EU roaming should work in Andorra @aoifegall?

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community