Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

data roaming and what's app while in the eu

Average Joe

I am using an iphone and have managed to connect to a network and can call and text but I can't use data or whatsapp. I have a Gideo membership. Any idea how to get whatsapp working?

thanks elaine

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Likes

Re: data roaming and what's app while in the eu

[ Edited ]
The Legend

A few people have been having this problem and it's not clear what the solution is.

I think you'll need to contact 48 support to see if they can help/

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

The Legend
Did you contact 48 support @eohara?
Were they able to help?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend

Hi @roryosullivan15 - I see that 48 support have posted here about this issue:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Phones/Roaming-settings-portugal/m-p/45836#M1177

Did you contact them and were they able to sort things out for you?

0 Likes

Average Joe

I am back in Ireland after visiting 8 EU countries, I can report that data did not work in any of these countries no matter what I tried, and my settings were set to proximius.be and even when in Belgium data didn't work.

I went on line and did find the roaming solution for iPhones which worked someplaces.

I couldn't get network coverage in Sweden, Germany, England or Wales, I did connect in Denmark Holland and Belgium and France.

So over all very disappointed with 48 coverage in Europe.

regards

Elaine

0 Likes

The Legend
Did you contact 48 support about this?

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Average Joe
No how could I when I couldn't get coverage!!
I will be travelling again to Uk and France July 19th, is there anything I can do in advance to ensure I have coverage then?
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend

eohara wrote:
No how could I when I couldn't get coverage!!

On wifi?

Didn't you post here while abroad so you must have had some connectivity?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Internet/data-roaming-and-what-s-app-while-in-the-eu/m-p/45826

Anyway have you contacted support while back in Ireland?

As far as I can see the whole issue of data services while roaming in the EU is a bit of a mess, doesn't work for many people and I'm not sure that anybody (including 48 support) have the answers.

But they're the last port of call if all other suggestions fail as they seem to have here.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

The Legend

Did that help at all @eohara?

0 Likes

pat
Coach
I'm currently in Spain and cannot get data going. Correct 48 APN gets changed or disappears. Spent days at it and onto support. No joy. Put in meteor sim in January to have data in France and I had no problems. The lesson seems to be if you want data abroad don't rely on 48
Posted from Samsung SM-G900F
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community