cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data roaming

brigidanne
Visitor

Hi....I'm in Spain for a few months.....my data roaming kicked in beautifully on my iPhone on June 14th but only lasted 5 days and then it stopped! Can you help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry for delay in replying....the house I'm in, is up in the Pyrenees and I have to come down to the bar to get wifi.....I tried everything that was suggested....and then my phone stopped connecting to any service provider whatsoever.....so I couldn't make calls nor text for the last few days...and I thought it was something I had done.....as I was adjusting so many settings, trying to fix the original Internet problem.  My phone was now searching for Movistar and then not connecting......

But just a few minutes ago, I heard a ping!!! And now my phone is automatically connecting to Orange (which it HAD been doing before the problem) and all is back to normal...!!!!

..so maybe it was a problem with Orange? ...... it Movistar is equally as strong here...so puzzling that my phone wouldn't connect....

..also to muddy the waters.....my month is not up with Guido until July 3rd.....but like I say, my phone spontaneously locked on to the Internet etc on June 14th for 5 days....then the problem started...... it I read somewhere that 'technically' I shouldn't be able to connect to the Internet (via new EU rules) until AFTER I renew my subscription following the introduction of the new rules........go figure!!!!!

....anyway I'm a happy bunny at the moment as I have Internet at the house.......FINGERS CROSSED...!!!!

thanks for all the advice....🙏

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Maybe you've used up your Guido 1GB data allowance?

Dial *100*8# to check or use the app or online My 48 account.

If you have used your allowance up then you need to buy a data add-on.

If that's not the problem then you need to contact 48 support.

Do calls and texts still work OK?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @brigidanne?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yep calls and messages working okay.....it's just the Internet.....I bought a few extra GB and they worked...then 'nothing'.....sadly....will get in touch with support...but have to admit I was having trouble on the site trying to find a way to communicate with them....and thought 'this' was it (support I mean).... will have a look again for a link.....

many thanks for your help👍

So what it your data allowance balance now?

To contact 48 support see here - third option:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

There's also an online chat option during office hours which might be more efficient in getting a solution.

Post back about the problem/solution when you get sorted as it may help others.

Hope this helps.

Ta.....will try the chat room...

Still have almost 1GB unused...so I've not run out....puzzling!!!

Yes that's odd especially if calls and texts are working fine.

When was your Guido membership started?

So you have cash credit on your account?

Dial *100# to get your cash credit balance.

In the meantime do get onto 48 support as they will probably better placed to figure out the problem than I.

Hope this helps.

Any update @brigidanne?

Sorry for delay in replying....the house I'm in, is up in the Pyrenees and I have to come down to the bar to get wifi.....I tried everything that was suggested....and then my phone stopped connecting to any service provider whatsoever.....so I couldn't make calls nor text for the last few days...and I thought it was something I had done.....as I was adjusting so many settings, trying to fix the original Internet problem.  My phone was now searching for Movistar and then not connecting......

But just a few minutes ago, I heard a ping!!! And now my phone is automatically connecting to Orange (which it HAD been doing before the problem) and all is back to normal...!!!!

..so maybe it was a problem with Orange? ...... it Movistar is equally as strong here...so puzzling that my phone wouldn't connect....

..also to muddy the waters.....my month is not up with Guido until July 3rd.....but like I say, my phone spontaneously locked on to the Internet etc on June 14th for 5 days....then the problem started...... it I read somewhere that 'technically' I shouldn't be able to connect to the Internet (via new EU rules) until AFTER I renew my subscription following the introduction of the new rules........go figure!!!!!

....anyway I'm a happy bunny at the moment as I have Internet at the house.......FINGERS CROSSED...!!!!

thanks for all the advice....🙏