kielyml23
Newcomer
data roaming is turned on. getting no service
17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll need to post a bit more info.

You mean no service at all - no calls, no texts, no data?

Did any/all of these work before or have you just joined 48?

If they worked before then when did they stop working and did anything change on your phone - settings changes, softwar update etc.?

Are you in Ireland or roaming abroad?

If roaming where are you roaming and what membership do you have?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

Any update @kielyml23?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

Just back from a trip abroad to an EU country, I couldn't make calls, could not send texts and could not check the web. Only time I could use the phone was on WiFi spots, where I was able to use such via apps.

Phone is working normally now and was working as expected before travelling.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is it an iPhone by any chance?
If so it could be related to this issue which is due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Hope this helps.

Hi, No, not an iphone - just a "run of the mill" android...

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you do a manual scan for networks can you see and connect to 48?
If not then what networks do you see?

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Oh you mean you could not use the phone while abroad?
What membership did you have and where were you travelling?

Hope this helps.

Guido & in Spain...

https://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Just like the above that I checked out when I got back...

OK - obviously should have worked so.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for some people for some reason and I don't understand why 48 can't just fix it so that it does.

Some iPhone users have the iPhone a broad issue but that's down to Apple's stupid way of doing things.

Some users don't get a connection to any local network but doing a manual scan/connect might fix this.

Some get a connection and calls/texts work but data does not and in some cases changing the APN field of the internet settings back to 48month.liffeytelecom.com and rebooting fixes this.

Unfortunately some users never get some or all of this working and are stuck and naturally frustrated.

I guess you fall into the latter category unfortunately... 😞