Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data roaming

kielyml23
Newcomer
data roaming is turned on. getting no service
17 REPLIES 17

Thanks for following up on this - very frustrating at the time.. but sometimes a good excuse to "forget about the phone" too 🙂

gill5
Newcomer
I tried all the fixes suggested for data roaming and still did not work - fed up I am paying 48 for the service and they just fibbed me off for help from the community ( I am not paying the community for the service !) fed up and phoneless in France

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you on a Guido membership?
Are calls and texts working ok?
If yes to both then check your internet settings and if the apn field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it, change it back to that, reboot and see if data starts working.
If it doesn't then you'll have to contact 48 support and ask them about it.
Unfortunately this is a common enough problem for some users.
I.e. data doesn't work when it should when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update @gill5?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

iwonka
Newcomer
I’m one of these whose phone would not work abroad at all. I have done the manual set up, changed APN, reset phone and even changed SIM - nothing worked. I’m abroad again and the issues are magnified now by then settings screen freezing. 48months agent keeps asking me to do the manual set up steps again. Will be changing providers unfortunately as this happens multiple times already it’s a pity that the company won’t do anything to help

Same happened me on Saturday, Went to Northern Ireland for the day, "No Service" whatsoever for the whole day. Disaster. Help for 48 is non existent.

AndrewmarkT6858
Newcomer
Why have I no internet

@AndrewmarkT6858 wrote:
Why have I no internet

Was it working before?

Are you in Ireland or roaming abroad?

Are your internet settings configured correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928