cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone messaging

seananna
Visitor
For the last week I messaging on my iPhone is trying to connect to my phone number without success.

In SETTINGS>MESSAGES>SEND AND RECEIVE>You can receive imessages to and reply from> my mobile number is not connecting but my email address is.

I keep getting the notification from iCloud: Your Carrier May charge for SMS messages used to activate iCloud.

The result is that my battery keeps running down

Any tips?

Tx a mil.
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sounds like iMessage is trying to activate (again?) for some reason.
This is one of the stupid things that Apple do to make life difficult for users.
Instead of stuff like iMessage just working straight off they require this activation process first.
This requires a UK sms to be sent to an activation server.
On 48 international texts cost 25c each and won't send if you have no cash credit on your account.
My suggestion is to top-up your cash credit balance by €1 (the minimum possible as far as I know) then reboot the phone and wait a while and see if iMessage finally activates.
If it does you should also see that your cash credit balance has reduced to 75c.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

seananna
Visitor
Brilliant: will try! Tx a mil

seananna
Visitor
It worked! iPhones are a pain.😬

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great, glad it worked.
Yes, iPhones/Apple are a pain.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.