cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imternet when abroad

noracaf1
Newcomer
I’m going abroad tomorrow and just wondering about the internet. I was in Spain a few weeks ago but my phone kept saying no service. I tried to connect with Orange and Movistar but neither would work. My internet only worked if I connected to WiFi.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

EU roaming calls, texts and data will only work on a Guido membership.

They will not work on any other membership.

You seem to be using an iPhone in which case this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things with iPhones might be relevant:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

If you find that calls and texts work but data does not then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it to change it back to that, reboot and see if data starts working.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

noracaf1
Newcomer
Thank you.

I have the guido membership. Calls or texts don’t work either.

Then it's probably the "iPhone abroad issue" that I linked to above.

This is due to the stupid way that Apple does things.

Change the roaming profile before you go if possible.

If you don't and have to change it while abroad then it can be tricky.

In that case you may have to be persistent and try many times before it works.

Toggling airplane mode on and then off and then trying the configuration change may help to "catch" the local network briefly allowing the reconfiguration to be made.

As I say blame Apple for this stupidity unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

noracaf1
Newcomer
Great! Thank you!
Stupid Apple being awkward as per.

Read the link that I posted above and change your setings before you go and it should just work.

Hope this helps.