Newcomer
Abroad in Spain changed to quido before going but still no internet help needed
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I'd the Guido membership active?
Are calls and texts working?
If so then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it, change it back to that, reboot and try again.
If that doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support.
Unfortunately this is a common problem for some users even though data should just work when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @jackiewilliams?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mucka
Visitor
I’m in Malta and have no Signal can anyone help I’m on the Guido

You seem to be using an iPhone?

If so and you are getting no signal and cannot connect to a local network then you probably need to try this tip due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

You may need to be persistent to get that to work.

Toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying the reconfiguration immediately may help.

Hope this helps.

@dalyer wrote:

You seem to be using an iPhone?

If so and you are getting no signal and cannot connect to a local network then you probably need to try this tip due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

You may need to be persistent to get that to work.

Toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying the reconfiguration immediately may help.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @mucka?

joec67
Newcomer
I'm having the same issue in Cyprus at the moment

joec67
Newcomer
When it comes to internet settings do I have to change them while thing back to the 48 settings?

joec67
Newcomer
The whole*

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you are roaming in the EU on a Guido membership and calls/texts are working but internet/data is not then check the APN field of your internet settings and if it has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it, change it back to that, save the changes, reboot and see if it starts working.
If it doesn't then you'll have to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.