Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

settings

Average Joe
‎22-12-2017 12:30 PM

Im changing to a iPhone (maybe 6 or 7). Will I have any difficulty with settings for internet or mms.Thanks, pj mc dermott

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: settings

The Legend
‎22-12-2017 02:07 PM
You just need to configure your internet/APN settings.
Follow the instructions here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Bear in mind that due to the stupid way that Apple do things the iPhone may need activation before it works on a virtual network such as 48.
And of course they don't make this process simple as usual.
So if you find that when you try the new iPhone it doesn't connect to the 48 network or gets no signal then put a small amount of cash credit on your account to cover the cost of the UK SMS that this activation process sends silently behind the scenes, then switch off and on again an wait a little while for it to activate.
You'll know this has happened when you can connect to 48 and get a signal.
It's really ridiculous that Apple make things so difficult for iPhone users but that's just the way it is unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

All Replies

The Legend
‎22-12-2017 02:07 PM
You just need to configure your internet/APN settings.
Follow the instructions here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Bear in mind that due to the stupid way that Apple do things the iPhone may need activation before it works on a virtual network such as 48.
And of course they don't make this process simple as usual.
So if you find that when you try the new iPhone it doesn't connect to the 48 network or gets no signal then put a small amount of cash credit on your account to cover the cost of the UK SMS that this activation process sends silently behind the scenes, then switch off and on again an wait a little while for it to activate.
You'll know this has happened when you can connect to 48 and get a signal.
It's really ridiculous that Apple make things so difficult for iPhone users but that's just the way it is unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎22-12-2017 06:03 PM

Did that help at all @pjmcd2468?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Average Joe
‎22-12-2017 08:20 PM

Yes igained necessary information to help me in the purchase of a iphone

Ta pj

Posted from Apple iPad
3 Likes

The Legend
‎22-12-2017 08:25 PM
Great, glad it helped.

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community