Members

Crew Member (retired)

48 Starter Guide

[ Edited ]

Hey there,

here's some useful stuff to get you started with 48.

I want to join 48, what do I need to do?

You've made up your mind and want to give 48 a go? Great stuff. Stick to the steps below to make it a smooth journey:

More info

Get your SIM and unlock your Phone

All you need to join 48 is an unlocked handset and a free 48 SIM card. Check out these guides to get you started:

Register and move your number

After you've received your free SIM follow this guide to get it registered:

Want to keep your old number? No problem, this guide tells you how to move it over to 48:

I've just joined 48, how do I get my phone up and running?

Great to have you on board. Before you continue double-check that you've done all of this:

More info

Have you removed the network lock from your phone?

Yes - Great, move on to the next question

No - Your phone needs to be unlocked in order to work with 48, this guide tells you how to do it

Have you registered your 48 SIM?

Yes - Nice job, move on to the next step: paying your membership

No - Better get that done now, you can find the instructions here

Pay your membership

This is different to how it works on other mobile networks; you'll need to use your top up credit to buy a monthly membership. Find out how it works in this guide:

Set up Internet and picture messaging on your phone

You'll most likely receive a text message from us which sorts out the internet settings for you. In case that didn't do the job check out this guide:

I've got a problem, how do I find help?

Nobody wants to spend hours listening to bad hold music. We've got all the answers you need here:

More info

Read our guides for the most popular questions

Ask our helpful expert members on the community

For questions related to your payments go to "My 48" and raise a ticket with one of our agents.

Average Joe

Re: 48 Starter Guide

How long does it take to get welcome email from 48 go conquer. I would like to start using 48 asap
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
The Legend

Can you clarify exactly what you did so far and if you got any email at all?

You should get an email asking you to validate your email soon after registering. 

If you did not get this then you can request it again by logging into you online account.

If you still do not get it make sure that you entered the correct email address and that it is not in your junk mail folder.

Once you get that and validate your email address you should be up and running once you register/activate your SIM. port your old number (if applicable) and buy membership.

Other emails may be sent but that is the only one needed to complete registration.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Im waiting 22 hours now for my original number to transfer to 48 network.. what going on? Thanks.
Average Joe

Hi im waiting nearly a week for number to transfer please help keep gettin emails with blank from 48..please help think I filled in form pre pay and it being moved from bill tried to go change it cant .help ta
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
The Legend

As this key post says if there is a delay in porting your number you need to contact 48 support:

How do I keep my old number?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

I have all week but with it bein a internet company no call back only emails with no message in the body of it just the to from and subject bit weird...
The Legend

I don't understand the blank emails either. Go to this link and login when prompted. It should list your open request(s). You can then annotate them or see what feedback they are giving you. Alternatively if you use Facebook try contacting 48 support that way.

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

Hi,

I have just joined 48 and I have paid for membership but i dont have any signal on my phone wherever I go.  Plus, the internet isnt working. My phone has accepted the sim because when i type in the pin number and it says pin verified.

Average Joe

When i put in my sim card it say it locked but my fone has already been  unlocked do i need a code??

Rock Star

Hi 18sinead

Your handset may be asking for the 48 Sim Pin... its a 4 digit number printed on your Sim card packaging your sim arrived in... enter this and your handset will be operational.

Can you post back exactly what the wording displayed on your screen is?

Smiley Happy

Hot Rod

Posted from Huawei Y530-U00
The Legend

Your post was blank but I presume you posted the query here and I have replied to that one:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Joining-48/Old-and-New-number/m-p/30571#M418

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

I'm having this problem.. 4 days waiting
Posted from Samsung SM-G900A
The Legend

helenalishane wrote:
I'm having this problem.. 4 days waiting

What problem exactly?