cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership V credit

tashapril
Newcomer

I "top up" by €10 but when I log into my account it says I have €1 credit and my membership is valid until the following month. What is this €1 credit???!!

4 REPLIES 4

bigjoeod
Regular

Just credit that's sitting there. I find it comes in very handy. It can be used for stuff like:

• Calling abroad
  • Texting abroad
  • Premium rate calls (whatever floats your boat)
  • Premium rate texts (need more cash in farmville?)

I use it as a credit bank.

I use the internet, ALOT, and I find it's hand having 1 and 2 euro credit left because if I need to buy an internet add-on, I'll buy a voucher for €5.00, internet add-on is €3.00. 5 = 1 = 6 and I've two gigs of internet then 🙂

Hope this clarifies it for you.

CREDIT ALONE WILL NOT LET YOU MAKE REGULAR CALLS AND TEXTS ON 48. IF YOU RUN OUT OF MINUTES OR TEXT YOU MUST BY AN ADD-ON

tashapril
Newcomer
Ah I see. I didn't realise I couldn't use it to make calls until my membership ran out while I was out tried to make a quick call coz I thought sure I have a bit of credit but it didn't work obviously now! Thanks 🙂

@tashapril wrote:
Ah I see. I didn't realise I couldn't use it to make calls until my membership ran out while I was out tried to make a quick call coz I thought sure I have a bit of credit but it didn't work obviously now! Thanks 🙂

Well not exactly. Credit alone will only let you call abroad.

If you run out of minutes on your membership you can buy a 3 euro addon for 60 minutes of calls.

@bigjoeod wrote:

Well not exactly. Credit alone will only let you call abroad.

Just to clarify - cash credit doesn't just cover international calls but also other calls/texts not covered by your membership allowances or add-ons.

Other call charges

And cash credit can be used to buy membership or add-ons.

Membership plans

Add-ons

I presume that the original poster bought a new membership rather than topping up (their credit balance). See these key topics for clarification:

Everything about membership

Where has my credit gone?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.